Spltiting Live Rock In Half Can I Do This??

jusmebabe

I have a large peice of live rock in my 40 FOWLR.
I just don't like the set up of my rocks so I want to basically take a hammer and break it down' the middle.
Is this that simple or do I need to do it another way.
I wanted to push my rock back and build it upwards so there's space upfront but I have my equipment in the tank.
I'm looking into getting a reefugium or sump ( Is that what it's called) to put all my equipment in so I'll have more space in the back but I need one I don't have to drill holes in the tank and ad pvc to. Any Ideas on which would fit my needs?

salt life

you need to use a hammer and some sort of chisel, be careful on how long you keep the rock out of water, you don't want die off. maybe keep the rock in a bucket with a heater and small powerhead for a couple days afterwards just to be safe.

cranberry

Chisel and hammer for most of those in there. They should be pretty easy to break. But if that one second to the left is as dense as it looks, it may be a challenge. I drilled multiple holes in a rock once that was too big and then was able to crack it apart. I used an electric drill and a concrete bit.

jusmebabe

I'm only going to break the large piece in the middle with the smaller rock sitting on it. You can't really see the part under it. The rest is fine regarding size.
Thanx for the answers guys.