spot feeding a diamond goby

toosalty

Has anyone had any luck trying to spot feed a diamond goby? The one I have loves pellets, but my clown keeps grabing them before he can get to them.
Any suggestions?

toosalty

He does eat stuff out of the sand, but he has been getting thin for awhile now. He used to be nice and fat now hes sickly looking. Its the clown not letting him get to his pellets like he used to.

flower

Originally Posted by TooSalty
http:///forum/post/3196129
He does eat stuff out of the sand, but he has been getting thin for awhile now. He used to be nice and fat now hes sickly looking. Its the clown not letting him get to his pellets like he used to.

Brine shrimp...it flows all over and you clown will be busy chasing it so the goby can get some food. Once the belly gets shrunk in and it won't eat it will be too late to save it.

novahobbies

Try soaking the pellets in a little tank water, then sucking them up with a baster and squirting them out down by the sand bed. I know what you mean about clowns...my maroon clown is a frakkin pig, and really nothing gets down below him if he can help it.

toosalty

Yea I have a maroon clown as well. He won't stop eating!! Hs kinda got me thinking can a fish over-eat?
Im going to give that a try with the baster. I was also going to try a empty glass jar and put some pellets in it. Do you think he would swim in it or not?