Spot on CC Star

famous

I was feeding the fish tonight and noticed this spot on my CC Star fish. It is right in between its "legs". Can anyone help to identify what this could be? If you know....how to fix it.
Thanks
Kyle

famous

Just so you know the star acts fine..eating and doing his thing as usual. All other fish, shrimp, hermits, snails are fine.

famous

I feed him (Dough) shrimp, scallops, any meaty seafood he seems to like. You can just spot fed them. I can hold a piece up against the glass and he will come up and grab it!

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Famous
Around 6 months. Could that mean somthing? What is their life span?
No, I was wondering if it is a new star, which it is not. Do you have aggressive fish? That looks more like a chunk missing out of him than it does a "spot"

famous

Nothing agressive. I have seen some hermits near him before but they dont really mess with him. He is usually on the glass.

sepulatian

hm, you may want to wait and see what Ophiura says about this. She pops in here, but you may want to re-post this over in Reef tanks, or Fish discussion. She is always over there.

urethekau

Not to scare you, but I bought a cc from the lfs that had a spot like that and it ended up dying. Then the red general I already had contracted whatever that was and died from it as well. I gave up on starfish after that since I obviously don't know what I'm doing in that department. When they died, their spikes fell off first, and after that they just slowly disintegrated. It was horrifying.

sepulatian

Stars are sensitive and require long acclimation times, established tanks with lots of mature live rock, and a higher SG (1.025-1.026) than FO tanks.

famous

He seems good. Still goes over to the top and hangs his legs over like normal. Never had a problem with it. Just dont know if it is somthing that will heal or if I should be treating it. I have never heard of anything but I dont supose there is somthing topical that could be applied?