Spots?

fishman420

I have a small sailfin tang. I noticed that it had some black spots on the side of his body. The spots are about 3mm wide. I don't know what they are. Any help will be appreciated.

c-lover

Fishman,
Make sure you keep on top of whatever it is.. we had a Salfin that had black spots that got pretty blotchy looking. We tried to treat him and nothing worked, it may have been internal. Good luck !

fishman420

C-Lover: Thats kind of what it sounds like. My friend let me put it in his tank that has a UV sterilizer. I'm going to get one soon. I don't think its black ick though. :confused:

c-lover

Our's did not have Black Ich either. I felt so bad because the little guy was fighting for a while to stay alive. Whatever parasitic or internal diease it was, unfortuatley was stronger them him. I remember it was a blotchy black that started towards the center of his body on one side, then spread all over.. Did you try copper in your tank at all?

fishman420

Don't you hate it when watch the fish struggle for its life. Its so sad. I havn't tried copper, but did do a couple freshwater dips to see if it would go away. The spots are small right now. I hope it doesn't die.

c-lover

Any progress with the Salfin ??
We actually lost our new Blue Spotted Puffer last night :( He got stuck in the power head suction. Who knows how long he was there. My husband found him this morning and I could not even look at the poor guy. :( :( :(

fishman420

The Sailfin seems to be doing fine in my friends tank, but its being mean to his fish. It even killed his Bangai Cardinal. I feel bad. I want to get the CSL 15wat U2, but it seems there is a manufacture back order. I was thinking of just returning it back to the store and getting credit for it.
[ July 30, 2001: Message edited by: fishman420 ]