Spotted Hawkfish

doodle1800

I'm suspecting him / her of eating my small 6 line wrasse and going after my Rainsford Goby last night. Anyone else have a problem with a spotted hawk?
thanks..

marineman

they are predatory fish and if it can fit in their mouth they probable won't pass up to many meals if they are hungry. Small fish and shrimp are well known as food items for hawkfish so try to avoid this combo in your tank.:nope:

ncsc117

I love spotted hawks mine does not eat any fish or inverts I have in my tank. Also, spotted hawks are dwarfs. so they wont get big!!!

doodle1800

Couldn't catch him - he stays for now....
he's a good size though - almost biggest fish in tank - next to yellow tang.. I'll take a pic today...

bill f

I suspect mine in the disappearance of my cleaner shrimps. no sign of them for two weeks. MIA, not a carcass, antennae or anything. Now he keeps my goby pinned under his rock. He's not going in my new tank, little

[hr]

g-dude

If you dont mind could you also put up a picture of your Rainsford Gobie I curious to what they look like.:rolleyes:

marineman

before buying a new fish research its feeding traits and compatibiliy with your existing tankmates to avoid this common situation as most fish are very hard to remove from a tank full of liverock/decorations/corals.

doodle1800

Originally posted by marineman
before buying a new fish research its feeding traits and compatibiliy with your existing tankmates to avoid this common situation as most fish are very hard to remove from a tank full of liverock/decorations/corals.

novel idea.....