spotted mandarin

chief26

what does a spotted madarin or mangarin? eat ? I need a good clean up crew. all i have are 2 snails and i think i need more for a 30 gallon tank. i want cool looking stuff and i cant put to much to big in a 30 gallon tank. got to make good choices. i have a tomato clown and a feather duster. i have alot of brown and green goop on the back wall-i clean the front and sides. my LR has bubble, green fuzz, grass, fern and a grape vine looking alge on it. some flower( stem round base at top of stem and long tenticles) loooking thing and puffed rice all over it. sorry about the discriptions. how about an emerld crab?? porcelin crab?? slugs
maybe something that lives in the sand?? any ideas

alyssia

A 30 gallon is not large enough to sustain a mandarin. I think lettuce seaslugs are okay, but in general sea slugs are a bad choice.

wingnut sr

My mandarin has done very well. I have been hatching brine shrimp and feeding them to him. I bought the mandarin on a whim, without knowing what he ate. After reseaching what they eat, I realized I did not have a stable food source for him. The brine shrimp have become a part of his regular diet, and he is growing nicely.

wingnut sr

Originally Posted by alyssia
Do you gut load the shrimp?

Yes, thank you for bringing that up. I forgot to mention it. I use phytoplex and microvert to gut load the baby brine.