Spotted pj cardinals ?

shyfish

Hi,
I dont have PJs, but my cardinals are night time swimmers. They hide in the rock most days. They do hover where you can see them but not come out till my moonlights are on.

florida joe

Brought to you by Mr Nice Guy
The Spotted Cardinalfish is a rainbow of playful colors. It has a greenish-yellow face, bright orange eyes, and a silver-based body dressed with a bold black scalar margin and a posterior dotted with orange polka-dots. Though its bold coloration may stand out, Sphaeramia nematoptera has a peaceful nature that lets it blend perfectly into any community saltwater aquarium.
For the best care, the Spotted Cardinalfish should be kept in small schools in suitably sized aquariums of at least 30 gallons. Because the Spotted Cardinalfish is a slow and methodical swimmer, it should be housed with peaceful tankmates and offered a plethora of hiding places amongst rockwork or plants. Most Spotted Cardinalfish will tend to hide in sea grass or other plants. Some may also camouflage themselves against long spined sea urchins.
Like many other schooling fish, the Spotted Cardinalfish will form a strict hierarchy when kept in small groups within the aquarium. However, unlike some social fish, this member of the Apogonidae family does not use aggression to exert dominance over other cardinalfish.
The Spotted Cardinalfish requires a well balanced diet of meaty foods such as feeder shrimp, flake foods, pellet foods, marine flesh, bloodworms, and depending on its size, live feeder fish.

ahhhh. ...thank you...love my firefish but if you walk by the tank they dart in there for awhile..VERY timid....I just want fish you can see...lol

don trinko

I have 2 in a 75. They are out in the open all the time. I have another in QT that I will add to the 75. It is also in the open all the time. Don T.

love my tank

I also have one PJ cardinal and he is very, very, very laid back. He seems to be just suspended in the water. He is very peaceful and I can always see him when I look into the tank. He does seem to hang in the back, but comes up front to eat. He seems to like staying towards the upper part of my tank. I've had him almost a year and I love him.

E

eric b 125

i just introduced a trio of pj's to my tank from qt yesterday. they have claimed their spot in the tank and they just kinda hang out there. every now and then one of them ventures around, but they all congregate in that corner. they are always in sight, though. i like them a whole lot. they have such cool coloration and i'm super happy with this purchase.

Originally Posted by Eric B 125
http:///forum/post/2943013
i just introduced a trio of pj's to my tank from qt yesterday. they have claimed their spot in the tank and they just kinda hang out there. every now and then one of them ventures around, but they all congregate in that corner. they are always in sight, though. i like them a whole lot. they have such cool coloration and i'm super happy with this purchase.
Thats what I wanted to hear
Thanks everyone !

jcarroll

I have two PJ's and they're always out and about. The only bad thing is, they're coloration blends in with the live rock, so they don't stand out much. If you're wanting something that really stands out while it swims around a lot, I would choose something else.

sjk2840

I have a Pj cardinal fish-he hangs out with my 2 clownfish-he's most active when the lights are out. I have to chose between keeping him or my humu humu trigger fish when they all go into my new tank- my trigger already ate the other PJ cardinal, so I have them all separeated. :(

I Have 4 In My 125g Tank And They Are Active Day And Night, By The Way They Eat Like Pigs, And Its True They Blend In With The Live Rock So Its Hard To See Them.