spotted puffer

lion_crazz

There are a few members here who have them in their reef tank. However, most times, they are a very bad idea in a reef tank. They typically will devour your clean-up crew, and even if they dont go after your corals, the declining cleanup crew, plus decaying inverts, will do an incredible harm to them.

stdreb27

He'll feast on your corals till he's fat and happy. I've actually put a puffer in a tank with aspatia and after a week there was no more. But the puffer was a happy camper.

tjbeams

I would just keep an eye on him. I also have a green spotter puffer in my tank for around 8 months now. I got him when he was maybe 3/4 inch and he is over 2 inches now. He hasn't eaten any inverts, and I got plenty of snails, hermits, and starfish. I have never seen him pick on the corals either. ( i have lps and softies) I feed him normally with all the other fish, such as blood worms, mysis, brine, ect. Also a note I added more snails, hermit, and a red star fish AFTER he was in and no problems. Then again I just may be lucky. I think he should be ok though, from my experience.
Tj