Spray Bar Location

dburr

Mine is below the waterline so not to create bubbles that will pop and spray salt on my lamps.
If you make your own, stagger the holes so it is multi-directional. I made one with loc-line, and can move them anywhere in the tank, at any time.
It is also good to sure you have a small hole above the waterline to break the syphone.
hope this helps.

silent bob

mine is right at the waterline and i have the holes drilled facing out then down behind my lr, just like that every other hole. it works amazing

mad reefer

can anyone tell me what they think of the spray bar 3" off the bottom of the tank
thinking of switching do I really need to?

johnnysalt

mad reefer,
I think that's what I'm gonna do too...actually I was thinking of putting one in now behind my lr so it's not seen at all....staggering the holes/different directions and all...but then when I add more sand to make my dsb 3 or 4", the sand would just barely cover the spray bar. I'll hide the one powerhead on one end behind the lr as well. Sound like a good idea? Nothing wrong with hiding it....don't think white pvc is much to look at, that's why I had that thought.
To those that have spray bars, what gph are you pushing through it?
:cool:

The back of my tank is painted black, I used grey conduit that helps it blend in a bit or you can use schedule 80 PVC it's also dark grey. Hope this helps you a little :cool:

mr . salty

I have been running a spray bar behind my rock for a year now...IT WORKS GREAT...There is a powerhead at both ends of it,and the bar itself is clear so it's barly seen at all(that is what little is not covered by rock...I also have one at the surface for the sump return..If you only have one spraybar,I would put it at the surface for aggitation/airation....

I just constructed mine on my 90 gal at the water line. I love it, it breaks the water surface to oxyginize the water.. and i made it myself i love it!!

mad reefer

hey salty,
you said I should have another spray bar and also your sump return is a spray bar? I thought the sump was the only return you can have where and how do i do another spray bar?
or at least at the top of tank?????
Please heeeelp Thanx, mad reefer

mr.marine

the spay bar i have is really cool! it came with my canister filter. its like the star-trek ship. like that shap. a semi circle. water comes out shoooting in all directions of the tank. i keep it juts above the surface so it makes little bubbles that oxygenate the water for terrific oxygen. i also have tow mpower heads.
Flame :D

mr . salty

My second one is under my rock,along the back of the tank.It has the holes pointing up so the water flows through and around the rock to eliminate "dead spots". It has a small powerhead at both ends pumping water in....

mr . salty

FLAMEANGEL, Bubbles in the water really do very little in airating the water...Surface aggitation does more...