SPS Growth

attml

I set up my 55 gallon sps tank a little while back and am populating it entirely with frags. Here are some growth pics over the last month and a half. The pics on the left were from 4/5/03 and the pics on the right were taken today (5/21/03). Please let me know what you think!
Pink Acropora Millipora

attml

tangsfornuttin,
Thank you! I am running a Icecap PFO hood w/ 2 x 250w MH 10K Ushios and 2 x 110w URI VHO Super Actenics. My hood sits apx 8 inches off of the tanks surface. All frags (with the exception of the Mont. Hispidia) sit up fairly high (8 - 10 inches from the water's surface). The Montipora Hispidia sits about 3-4 inches off the bottom. I try to pull the Halimeda as much as possible - My Ca runs in the 380 -420 range (I dose daily with Kent Tech CB part A & B). Still saving up for the CA reactor!

justinx

Wow, after a month and a half, its impressive to see such growth! You are obviously doing something right here! Keep up the good work, and keep us posted!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
On the other hand, the halmedia is a great natural filter and when parts of it dies, it throws calcium back in to the system.
Really nice frags going there. :D

cmpowell

Great job attml,I like the then and now pics.Nothin better than a visual to see the growth.I like the blue staghorn.That really shows some excellent growth,But then so does the rest of the frags.:D

attml

JustinX, Beth & cmpowell,
Thank you all very much! I still have a long way to go to catch up to SteveWeast, SPSfreak100, Skilos, BigMac, RichardRendos and the other board SPS gurus but it is a start!
Mark

attml

Here are a few more. These are just over 2 months old. The shot on the left is from 3/16/03 and the shot on the right is from today 5/21/03.
Acropora Nana (I think)

attml

Adrian & Skilos,
Thank you both as well! When you look at your tank everyday sometimes it seems like frags aren't growing at all. I am really glad that I take pictures so that every now and then I can truely see the progress that I making!

attml

Old Yeller Tang,
Thank you very much! Like they say, "nothing good in this hobby ever happens fast"! I'll take slow growth over no growth any day!:)
Skilos - Thanks again!