SPS Help

C

cmaxwell39

They do not like direct flow and will do well in medium to high flow. Indirect random flow is best.

gatorwpb

Originally Posted by BoneSnapper
http:///forum/post/2942851
Where do you get the ATI bulbs, my LFS doesn't have them. I also can't seem to find them on a good site.
google "hello lights" I believe that is the site I was looking at. Other good sites are reef geek and reef specialty.

jackri

Don't dose for awhile... and check your alk -- that goes hand in hand with your calcium.
Did you get new corals before knowing what's wrong?
Your nitrates are high for sps -- plus you should be checking on phospates and getting your calcium/alk levels under control.
Personally I think you need to do more research before keeping sps and have a better understanding of what your water parameters should be like instead of getting new coral and keep trying until the coral works. Solve the symptoms that are causing your coral deaths.

bonesnapper

Are you trying to say that I do not know how to run and maintain a tank? I was just asking questions BECAUSE I DID NOT KNOW WHY THEY WERE DYING. By the way the only SPS that seems to be doing fine is the Monti.

jackri

I'm not trying to say you don't know how to run and maintain a tank... but from your previous posts... I would say yes about the sps.

bonesnapper

I have been doing research for a while and I decided to try some. My water was fine until I went on vacation and my Gold Maxima died. Then my water was all messed up. Isn't that the point of this forum to ask questions? I am soo sorry I am not an expert at this.

jackri

It is... I was just under the impression you were buying more while stuff was dying...
"Ok, I am going to the LFS today to get some SPS frags for helping my dad move. What should I get that is easy and that will thrive with T-5's."
maybe I'm wrong but no harm meant by anything... just trying to keep you from bringing new corals into a bad situation.