Sps Id?

csrobe02

Got this coral a couple days ago. Dont know exactly what is it... been reading about the tri color acro and this sorta fits the description. The pictures dont really get the color as good as it should. The tips are bright blue, like a pepsi can.

csrobe02

and there is also this on the rock. some sort of mollusk? it is light sensitive, when I put my hand over the water is closes up like a clam would.

zanemoseley

kinda looks like a acropora tortosa, hopefully yours will color up some
I've got a Larry Jackson Purple Monster frag coming in a week which is similar in shape but the polyps are different, its gonna be nice actually having something people want to trade me for, now I just need to grow the hell outta it.

dima96

just a word of warning about the larry jackson purple tip acro. it is a magnet for red mites. the red mites normally won't kill it they will just turn it brown. it's very common in the boston club and very hardy for an acro.

zanemoseley

The frag I'm getting is coming from Indiana but I'm not sure where it came from before that. Is there anything I can do to prevent the red bugs aside getting the Interceptor pet medicine.