Sps Id??

kjord97

I purchased 2 new corals here in my area and was wondering some exact names for them. Here is the pic
I am questioning the green large SPS in middle and the purple branch on right.
The yellow sqaure is a frag from a tounge coral and the brown polp looking sps is pretty cool but i forgot the name.

wax32

Well, the only SPS in your picture are Acropora of some kind. The one that says "forget name" isn't an SPS at all, but other than that it is hard to guess what it is from the picture. And tongue is spelled t o n g u e .
(Sorry, that is one of my favorite misspellings.)

fedukeford

The lower SPS(the lower one with a arrow pointing to it with "???" in the box) looks like a milipora.
Feduke

wax32

And by that he would mean Acropora millepora. Not Millepora sp., fire coral. Looks like it, but hard to be sure.

kjord97

i will take some better close up pics tongiht thank you for trying.
As for the coral that i forgot the name, the inner structure is hard and has all those polyps that come out of it. I have the name on a lid somewhere, i will do some searching for it.

kjord97

Ok i got some pics for you all.
The pic of the large green frag is the same kind of coral
as the green one in the middle of the first pic. bought them at the same store. What is it?? millipora ??
I also inclosed a pic of the frags i made from the large one.
The second pic is of the coral that the first guy said was not an sps. I found the cup it came in and got the name for it. it is a Gorgonian and it i believe it is of the Eunicella type. It loves light and is growing fast.

el bob

yep top is a milli, the frags at the bottom i cant ID, i would need close up pics of them, nice milli colony tho