SPS (Monti) Growth Shots

gatorwpb

Growth shots of my 3 types of montis: orange encrusting, purple plate, and orange cap. Also, picks of my new blue tort acro.
Orange Encrusting:

Purple Plate:

Orange Cap:

New Blue Tort

FTS:

Hope you enjoy!!

gatorwpb

Thanks all.

The time for the in between is probably 4-5 months... 5 for the orange encrusting and the cap, 4 for the plate. Ive just recently started adding acros, as i wanted to see how the montis did as the first sps. tank is 11 months old.

gatorwpb

Also, you can see that the purple actually lost some color from when I first got it, but I think it was under less powerful lights originally.
Also, I have a fuzzy acro you can see in the tort pic, and a green acro and hydophora as well. One blue acro i got for free at the lfs is on the sand, but it wasnt doing wel, so i dont expect it to make it.

gatorwpb

Originally Posted by rs1831
What kind of lights do you have?
I have a 36" Sunpod 150watt x2 mh 14k and am about to buy new bulbs for it, as the fixture is almost 1 yr old. I added a 21w t-5 actinic, and will add another 21w t-5 when i get some new 10k bulbs.
Ive started fragging xenia like crazy to trade for sps, as you can see in the front of my tank.
heres the 20gal fuge.

rs1831

Are you using photobucket? If so how do you do it so that the picture is open when someone opens the post? By the way...your tank looks great!

gatorwpb

Originally Posted by rs1831
Are you using photobucket? If so how do you do it so that the picture is open when someone opens the post? By the way...your tank looks great!
Thanks. I use the

steve24

i`m not try to steal your thread, just add to it. here are a few pics of a unknown SPS just after two weeks growth ... 3/23/07 - 4/05/07

and after six weeks and my grandaughter messing with the camera, changing the dates

and then today

gatorwpb

How about 3 weeks of growth...
I notice the most growth on the horizontal branch.
6/15/07

7/6/07