sps turning whitish

bullitr

i just upgrade my metal halide reflector to luenarc 3 mini and a couple of my brownish acros are turning whitish my bluestaghorns and baby blue acro are more colorful than usual so are they coming back to their natural color or are they bleaching from too much light ? i have 400 watts 10 k with lumenarc mini reflector. any idea?

volcom69

Tough to say without seein them if they are just white at the tops they might be growin but if ur talkin about the whole thing then i would say they are bleached then. Were they white before ur new reflectors or just after, and i dont think its to much light for them. Check ur parm make sure nothing went out of whack and keep ur eye on all ur sps to make sure they keep there color.

bullitr

the whitish tip just begun a week after i intalled my lumenarc.its hard to say right now the only bad sps i have right now are my cuple of monti .i put them to high long ago . they are not dead yet but i think they will be.its been a month they have some algae on them already.(my 2 large orange monticap and purple cap ) my red cap already said goodbye

peef

I wouldn't think that just a replaced reflector would cause this. Did you replace the bulbs as well?