spyware blaster works

sammystingray

I'm sure others have mentioned "spyware blaster" for stopping spyware from ever installing, but I thought I would give it a thumbs up. I have it set to allow the stupid tracking cookies which are easily removed, but stop any registry changes. I put it through the paces.......I visited every site I could think of that puts out tons of spyware including free wallpaper sites, loan pages, ----, Mp3s for free......everything. I got the usual TONS of popup windows, but after a spybot check....not a single registry change!
I caught a highjacker from a free wallpaper site, and went and downloaded this.....after removing and checking twice by getting it again to be sure it was from that site, I enabled this and went back.........NOTHING!!!!:jumping: :jumping:
It also does NOT have to be running to protect you, so it doesn't slow anything down at all. In my experiences so far, this is an EXCELLENT free program.
spyware blaster......check it out.

I don't mind the cookies, but the homepage highjackers and programs that change your registry are VERY annoying. I just reformatted, and I am trying to keep that crap off!!

I persoanlly lke ZoneAlarm Firewall, Ad-Aware by Lavasoft, and Spy-Bot.
Great programs . . . all for free from downloads.com

birdy

I have spy-bot, love it, and ad-aware, but does anyone recommend a good free no spam software?

sammystingray

spybot and adaware just let you know you have a highjacker like coolsearch, and they can't remove it. CWshredder would be needed, but this one stops all this stuff from ever being installed. It's sad we have to have all this stuff nowadays. Also, I always run spybot, but you have registry changes all the time, and I prefer the registry wasn't changed to begin with.

aarone

birdy,
outlook 2004 has anti-spam integrated into it... might want to check out the whole line of Office 2004 if you use word and pp and excel.