SQUID is this the correct setup

nickadam

Squid would this be the most efficient sump/ fuge setup for a 75 gallon predrilled overflow tank? I have a 29 gallon tank that I want to convert into a Sump/fuge.. What would be a good return pump, which would give me good water flow? THis is what I was thinking.

jessecnc

I can't say what's best for you without knowing more about the goals for your tank, but that is the craziest tank drawing I've seen yet

nickadam

Thanks. My future goals for the tank are going to be a reef which im going swop my 55 galloon which i have now that has a chip in the rear seem. Right now im hosting a carpet anemone and other soft corals and some SPS. Its a good thing my birthday is coming up in 5 days, now im going to be able to setup new tank soon.
Would this be another effiecient setup.

jessecnc

I think a better way to go would be to put the fuge on the right, the skimer on the left, and the return pump in the middle. That way you feed the fuge unskimmed water for better nutrient removal.

squidd

It might just be the way you drew it, compared to how it will actually turn out...but how are you getting water to the fuge chamber on the right..?

nickadam

Underneath the bottom of the tank their are two Drilled holes. PIC 1 Would this be the proper way to have the right amount of water flow to the fuge chamber and into the return.
In the second picture could I use the second hole for the return pump to run through and have fluvals at the end. I'm kinda lost on which would be the better setup and what would be a good return pump that has a sufficient amount of gph.

jessecnc

Their both more or less functionally equivilent. Its the drain to both the fuge and the skimmer chamber thats important

squidd

On a 75 with the 29 sump/fuge...
If you use the single in, single out with the lock line outlet... a *Mag 9.5 will be good
If you go with the dual drain (3/4" and 1") and OTT return, a *Mag 12 would be good
(* or equivelent)