squid or silversides?

sean48183

If you keep fish I wouldn't feed too many silverslides. I have heard from people who do that their eel gets the taste for fish and their fish start disappearing. I would feed shrimp and squid from the grocery store. I have never fed mine any type of fish and he has never touched any of my small fish.

unleashed

remember the saying you are what you eat!!! this is the fact when it comes to the dietary needs of cornivores each type of food you offer you fish will be a source of a small portion of its dietary needs as each species of food has its own dietary needs which will be passed down by consumption.. keeping a varied diet ensures your fish will get the proper nutrients it needs to grow and be healthy,, no one food will cover everything that is needed for a carnivores health...as for my eels I have always fed them squid, shrimp ,scallops, salmon(<not very often as it is a fatty fish)halibut.silverslides ,frozen krill. thaw all food in fw to kill off any worms or parasites that may be harbored in them b4 feeding.. as transmitting them to your fish... not all will die from freezing.

leftyblite

I feed mine a mixture of silversides, squid, krill, and occasionally clams. I've read that it's good to mix it up and my eel never seems to mind. He just want FOOD!!!!!