squidd, I need a trained eye.....

turningtim

This sump/fuge is for a 120 Tall. I went with a stacked system and made the tanks as big as could to fit through the doors of the stand (28"x16"x12" tank size). I do realize that the fuge is a little light (23 gals) but is it too light? The sump is also to big but I need the room for backwash b/c I can't steal anything from the fuge.
I plan on useing the 1" and 3/4" from the RR OF as drains for 900gph. Going OTT for returns. Haven't picked a pump yet, mag 12......
ASM G2 skimmer will fit no problem but do I need to worry about flowing to much to it? I guess I'm looking at about 600 through the sump and 300 for the fuge.
For the fuge drain can I just do a durso like pictured or should I make a RR OF box for it?
Total flow 900 gph, sump 600, fuge 300
Backwash = 48"x20"x2"= 9gals sump 28"x16"x4.5"= 9 gals, max baffle height 7.5" Is this to shallow for the G2?
Drains will be 1"+3/4" into 1 1/2" and then split, returns 1 1/4" split to 1" at tank.
What do you think?
Thanks
Tim

squidd

I do realize that the fuge is a little light (23 gals) but is it too light?
Your on the lower edge of what I'd like to see, (I'd like to see 30-35) but way better than 9 gallons cut out of the corner of a 20 gallon S/F... Gotta work with what you can fit..
I plan on useing the 1" and 3/4" from the RR OF as drains for 900gph. Going OTT for returns. Haven't picked a pump yet, mag 12......
Yep..
ASM G2 skimmer will fit no problem but do I need to worry about flowing to much to it? I guess I'm looking at about 600 through the sump and 300 for the fuge.
You don't have too much... go for 200 to 25 in fuge and 650 to 700 sump...I'd like to see 1 1/2X skimmer pump gph or at very least "equal" to it...
For the fuge drain can I just do a durso like pictured or should I make a RR OF box for it?
Don't even need the durso loop...could go straight gravity drain out side...
max baffle height 7.5" Is this to shallow for the G2?
I think it's 6" to 9" so you should be good..
Rest looks good..

turningtim

One more, is there any handy way to have a place to put carbon/phosban in a sump situation that would be effective (flow through). There will be no room under this thing by the time I it all in there. So no can or HOB.
Ideas?
Thanks
Tim

squidd

Phosban Rreactor(s) you can hang it up on the wall of stand and run off small Mag pump from sump and back...
They are cheap and small and much more effective than a bag "sitting" in the sump...