Squidd - Thank You!!

ohioreef

Squidd,
I asked you for help about a year ago in reference to flow in my tank. (Link )
I finally got around to deciding to upgrade my plumbing to 1" from the 3/4" and WOW what a difference!!!
It's something I've been tossing around doing, but never quite got the time to do it, well I finally made myself and I am so happy I do.
Thank you for the good advice, albeit may be a little belated!!

ohioreef

Nope, didn't forget, just hadn't had the time or ambition to do it. I've been having a HA problem and thought maybe increasing the flow might help me out, we'll have to see.
I'm planning on doing an actual flow test tomorrow to see what I'm getting now.

ohioreef

Squidd,
I'm pumping 360 gph through my tank now, but that is with the ball valve to my refuge about 3/4 open. If I close the valve to increase the flow in the tank it overwhelms my overflow. Apparently I've only got a 300-400 gph overflow.
A pic of my new plumbing:

squidd

What size is the bulkhead in the overflow...?
From the pic..if that's 1" going up looks like 3/4" coming down..which would explain the 300 +/- range on the overflow...

ohioreef

The drain hose is either 1.25 or 1.5" spa flex. I think it's my inner box, will that affect the overflow rate?
The bulkhead is 1".
If I turn up the flow the inner box fills completely and doesn't skim off the surface.
I have it set now so that the inner box water level is just below the bottom of the slits.