Stages of Live Rock?

moonshadow

Could anyone tell me the stages of Live rock. I have had the live rock in my tank for a week now and can't tell any difference in it. How long does it take to start seeing some changes? I hear of so many people having hitchhikers on their LR, but I have not seen anything unusual crawling around in my tank. Am I just too impatient?
Thanks

gmidd

I believe you'll see hicthhikers at night. Not all rock will have them. If I'm not mistaken if its thoroughly cured you shouldn't have any hitchhikers, in some cases they can be bad. As for the change, I've had my LR under regular NO lighting for about a month and a half and I'm starting to see alot more Purple and a little bit of Green coraline developing.

petieaztec

my live rock really never came with hitchhikers
except for those nasty majorino (sp?). The only real hitch hiker i saw was baby nubbs... he is my little snail that i saw like 5 months after i started my tank. sometimes you get them somtimes no. jsut be patient and you may see things. ***)

doglvr

It will take some time and a complete cycle before you see major changes in your LR. Anything living inside will wait until the water is right or only come out at night. When I set up my 30 with roughly 70 lbs of LR, I set an alarm to get up at 3am to check out the nightlife. :happyfish

moonshadow

Thanks, I will try to look around late at night to see what might be going on in there...I kinda figured it would take awhile to see some action and some more color to develop. I will have to just learn to let nature take it's course in the tank.
Thanks for all your help.