staghorn

bears

I will be getting T5's for my 20 gal.(long,, so not all that deep) nanoreef that I am going to set up and I will be getting 4.8 watts per gal.,,, will that be enough to keep staghorn if I keep it near the top of teh tank.
also will a 24" nova Extreme fit on my tank(it is 24"long 12"wide)

reefreak29

Originally Posted by bears
I will be getting T5's for my 20 gal.(long,, so not all that deep) nanoreef that I am going to set up and I will be getting 4.8 watts per gal.,,, will that be enough to keep staghorn if I keep it near the top of teh tank.
yes u dont even need to keep it near the top stags are one of the easeir spss and will do just fine with that light ,more importantly keep water perameters near perfect for this coral

reefreak29

what other sps'sss could I keep with that lighting?
monti cap,pavona,m.digitada,millipora

bears

Thanks for all the help reefreak I am just asking alot of questions because I will be setting up a to-be nanoreef in a day or two, but I guess that is what the forum is for, to ask questions.

reefreak29

Thanks for all the help reefreak I am just asking alot of questions because I will be setting up a to-be nanoreef in a day or two, but I guess that is what the forum is for, to ask questions.

teen

more important will be the flow. its hard to get good flow in a small tank without causing a sandstorm.

reefreak29

Originally Posted by teen
more important will be the flow. its hard to get good flow in a small tank without causing a sandstorm.
in a tank like that i wouldnt even add sand but thats just me

teen

Originally Posted by reefreak29
in a tank like that i wouldnt even add sand but thats just me
i wouldnt either, especially if you plan on keeping only sps. if its a mixed reef, i can see using sand.

bears

Well I want to make a mixed but I just like the look of sps's and so I was just wonder which I could keep with that lighting because I am thinking of aiming a PH more near the top so it is more powerful up top for sps and maybe a smaller one aimed more in the middle and near the sand. and hopefully that will work and if not I will find a way somehow, maybe I could put some rubble on the sand just to help hold it?(can the rubble that you attach frags to be baserock?)