stand and canopy that doesn't look home made

sduerk

Does any one know where I can find a plans for a stand and canopy that do not look like they were DIY? Most of the plans I have seen are nice but they are functional more than they are aesthetically pleasing.
Thanks

sduerk

I've been thinking about that but I was looking for something a bit more solid. What do you mean by Spartan?

sal t. nutz

I don't know what size tank you have, but why not buy one? I was going to make one, but my LFS sells pine canopies for $69. I just stained it to match my stand and it's awsome. i don't think I could have made it for $69

sduerk

Well I'm trying to get out of buying a matching canopy and stand that look decent enough to be in a place of prominence in my home. The lfs's in this area, upstate S.C., sell them for around $600 and I know I can make one for cheaper than that but I also want it to look good.

pb here

I have a 75 gal and it is proudly displayed in our great room. I did as Nolofinwe says... built it myself then added crown molding for trim. Looks beautiful!

beattyr

Originally posted by Sal T. Nutz
I don't know what size tank you have, but why not buy one? I was going to make one, but my LFS sells pine canopies for $69. I just stained it to match my stand and it's awsome. i don't think I could have made it for $69

Hey Salty,
Who makes that canopy? Is it locally made to you or could I get my LFS to get them as well? Got any pics of it?
Thanks
Rob

sal t. nutz

Don't know the manufacture, but I'm sure your local LFS could get it. Or you could order it from my LFS. I'll post pics and the phone # for my LFS tonight when I get home

jester

Usea a router, trim, and nice handles/knobs and it will look great. I'm staining mine this weekend. Pics to be up sunday.

sduerk

Sounds great. I went to Home Depot yesterday and started looking around and asking questions. I'm wanting to have the molding match the doors so at this point that appears to be the only obstacle. And i mean obstacle in the respect that I have'nt found the answer yet.
Scott