stand doors

djmx2002

Hey everybody
i am going to add doors to my aquarium stand, but i don't know where to find plain door panels.
anyone know where i can find those in the dc area?

tree

If you don't want to make them, check out Home depot - they sell just the cabinet doors but you'll have to wait a few weeks for them to come in.

nel621

Measure the height you need and the opening left to right.If using 2 doors divide this amount by 2 less 1/4 in [1/8 per side ] for the hindges.Use 3/4 in Birch plywood,available at Home Depot or Lowes. Let them cut it if you don't have a table saw.You can also add moulding around the frame of the door. You will need a miter saw for your 45 degree cuts.Not to difficult. Oh,don't forget door knobs!

dadszx7

When I built my stand for 55. I got the doors unfinished Maple for 50.00 with shipping off the huge bidding/ acution site. You can find most any size there. And some user's there can make special size's just ask them.

dragonzim

I made mine out of the same 3/4 inch oak faced plywood that I used for my stand. Home Depot does stock many sizes of cabinet doors though so you wont neccesarily have to special order anything (I work there part time...)

djmx2002

ok i got the door panels from home depot for 16 dollars each
plus the hinges and door nobs
all i need to do is to stain the door panel to match the color of my stand,
here is a picture,

extremepcs

Might be a little late, but here are the doors and stand I made myself. The doors are 1x6 solid oak, cut to size, then chamfered on all 4 sides. I also cut a rabbit opposite the hinge side so they close flush with the face frame. I used a simple X brace on the back to hold the panels together. I tried using biscuit joints and glue, but I wasn't happy with how they turned out. The X brace is a lot faster too.