standard earring size

alix2.0

anyone know? i think its either 14g or 16g... im buying clear acrylic studs for work but i want to make sure i get the right size.

if they are the tinyest piercings, like if you got them from walmart or claires, then its a 22. If you got them done at a tatoo/piercing parlor they are most likely a 16. 14 is usually the standard size for facial piercings, and a 16 or 18 is standard ear sizes... I know ppl who have gotten their ears done with a 10 though, so its all on preference and what size the piercer used.
Im sure you could force a 16 or 18 in if you had too, it may hurt for a few days, but its not too bad

scotts

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2960987
I didn't know there are different sizes

From what Logan says it sounds like they are the same sizes as electrical wires. At least the same sizing type, the higher the number the smaller the diameter.

alix2.0

ok, mine are 14 and my cartilage piercings have gone from a 10 to a 12. (scary thought... i didnt realize they were so big.)
i got the bright idea to look at a package of earrings. haha.

alix2.0

more like, i have so many holes in my head that if i take them all out for work, chances are ill never get them all back in, cause im lazy.

but yeah, im willing to conform as long as im getting paid for it.