Star fish Q's

mr . salty

I am babysitting a couple of starfish for a friend that has a sick fish and needs to use thier tank for a hospital.So I need any links to help id these guys and info on care. One I'm sure is a purple linka,The other he called a RED GENTLE. It is rather large with a grey body and dark red(maroon) markings and horns. HELP!!!!!!STEVE

mr . salty

Yea,kinda'but the horns are elongated.Really cool looking. Also the maroon markings form a star at the center of the body.
[This message has been edited by MR . SALTY (edited 10-21-2000).]

mr . salty

That makes sence.He could have said general not gentle,Plus the STAR he said goes with the name. Will he eat my rock???How about my carpet?? So far it hasn't moved an inch since I put it in last night.The purple went into hiding right away and is still there. How about a LINK..STEVE

eelman

if you are woried about him eating rock, or any other inhabitance eating him, than put him in your sump.

mr . salty

Well,I don't have any corals,and he's not moving around much. So if it starts to go for my rock I/ll just put it in the sump. Cool looking star though. THANKS SAMMY,and EELMAN.STEVE

jimi

Just take care of them the way your friend did. What was in his tank? What did he feed them?

mr . salty

The way my friend was taking care of them was sure to kill them.They were in a newly setup hospital tank that was going through a heavy cycle. Ammo,nitrites and nitrates were way up there.I'm really surprised they are still alive.Do you have to feed them or do they search the bottom for food??? STEVE