Star ID Please

acez28

I have this very small star that comes out every once in a while. Strange thing is sometimes its shaped like a star and sometimes its not. Sometimes its missing arms and sometimes its just in a circle. If somethings eating it or biting on it i have no idea what or maybe its not really a star. Tried to get some good pics of it.

madysmom

those are asternia stars. they reproduce very very quickly and like to eat corals and coraline algea. i take them out of my tank whenever i see one. hth

madysmom

yeah it is an asternia. as for me removing them that is just my preferance i never see them during the day only when my lights go out at night time and i look around with a flashlight. thats when they really come out. but its up to you, you dont have to remove i would just monitor with corals and coraline if you have any. they come out of lr, hth have a good day

acez28

ok thanx....i guess im gonna leave it....or them? I did a search on the board and guess when i see it and its missing a leg it has reproduced. I havent had any problem with it on the coral so i will leave it/them be. Thanx everyone......again