Star polip question

perk3211

Kind of slow today
..............................................................................................still slow :hilarious
I like saying that

parmoffitt

I bought star polyps that were brown. Later as they adjusted to my lights they turned a bright green. Maybe yours can still turn green.

Y

yetti

Originally Posted by wareagle
thanks. they are my newest addition to my tank and most definately my favorite. I just love the color
How quickly do they spread? I had someone give me a nice frag the other day.

kdfrosty

I have had my GSPs for about 3 months now, and they have spread enough to begin to cover a second rock. Tehy grow FAST if in the right conditions.

wareagle

my GSP are only about a week old. i bought mine that size so i am not sure how long they take to spread. i hope not fast because i love the color

lavisa

Is that ok? Do you want them spreading that fast?
Will they not take over things? Like a weed? I am new to
this all and do not even have mine set up yet. Hope to in 2 weeks.
Lavisa

puffer32

Will not take over your tank like a weed, they are easy to peel off rock and sell back frags to LFS.

T

thomas712

Here is what I did with mine. This rock was loaded with them, and I scrubbed and steamed them off. There were still some in the tank and about a month ago I took three rocks out of the tank and left them on the deck for three weeks and did the same thing scrubbing and steaming to them. Then I put them in my fuge instead. I replaced the rock from the main with new base rock. I'll never do brown star polyps again, more than likely I'll never do any star polyps again.

meadbhb

Hiya,
I've seen green, brown and white star polyps. Got green one's right now. I'm watching the brown one's take over one of my LFS's display tank.
Meadbhb