star polpys--will they open?

glowplug

lol its alllll good bro, but still not opening !!!!!!! how can I tell if the little guy is being moody or my water is toxic !?

glowplug

well they still wont open and they are getting an algea growing on them, the edges are turning a little white.....when do I give up and take em back or give to a friend?

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by glowplug
well they still wont open and they are getting an algea growing on them, the edges are turning a little white.....when do I give up and take em back or give to a friend?
It might help if you could post water parameters ,water temp,lights that you have...........

glowplug

everything is within normal range, ntrate is probably a little up there maybe 15 or so, under 72watts of t-5, some of them were opening yesterday but not fully

veni vidi vici

everything is within normal range, ntrate is probably a little up there maybe 15 or so, under 72watts of t-5, some of them were opening yesterday but not fully
I think thats a good sign
Since i posted on this thread though mine have closed up and havent opened at all today lol.

michaeltx

couple of things
sorry to the original poster if you see someone highjack a thread or put someone down please refer to the stickied post inthe new hobbiest section to report it.
Next putting someone down is not why this board is here and wont be tolerated people know who I am talking about.
next on the GSP they are very touchy corals to start with sometimes go for a long time before they open up I have had them stay closed for almost a month before opening up. you will jsut have to give them timeto adjust.
Mike

groupergenius

I have a rock that is completely engulfed with GSP. It is allways the happiest coral in the tank. Full open day and night.....till you move it. Then it stays shut for 2-3 days.
It's barely over a week for yours so far, I'd give it some more time.

nigerbang

u guys are right, its opening more and more a little each day
See...Like I said it took mine 3 weeks to open..And as far as turning white mine do that when they are spreading..
You will know if they are doing okay if they attach the the rock they are on...instead of just sitting there they will "stick" to it..