Star Polyps

iechy

Do they like alot of current? I thought not but I have had mine in for two weeks and barely any of the polyps are opening up. I guess I'll move them to a stronger current spot and see if they are happier. I can always try somewhere else if they don't like it there either. They are and have been in a good spot for light so that shouldn't be a concern. I guess it's not helping that my emerald crab won't leave it alone.
Anyone up for a crab boil?;)

irishstout

Mine tend to do better in a moderate current, they open up a bit more than if put in a strong direct current. When's the crab boil???:D

saltyrich

Some current, but not too much. You don't want them blowing all over the place. You want a very gentle movement throughout the polyps, not having them blown over sideways. It won't take alot of current to do this. Mine just kinda rustle a bit. They seem to really like it and are spreading.

angelofish

Ive got a hermit to add to the pot.:mad: I bought a small red hermit a while ago and now hes huge. This is one those with the hairy legs and white spots.Hes was eating all the cool stuff growing on my LR. He ate a whole feather duster and killed almost every snail.:mad: :mad:I took all the spare shells out. I tied a string to his shell and tied the other end to a base rock like a leash on a dog.:D This is the only thing I could think of besides throwing him over the house. Im taking him back today and might get another F. Duster.

manchester

OTS
is the child in the photo whereing a liverpool shirt
IECHY
i am from england but live in Minnesota and that just reminded me of "home"

iechy

Yeah Manchester I am a huge LFC fan although I am not from there. My baby was born one too:D He had two kits before he was even born.
Tell me you're a City fan and not United please;)
Walk On

wingnut

i have a huge colny of these it started out on a piece of rock 2" around and now takeing over the whole left coner of my tank and huge mine seem to do best with a small curent just enogh to make them sway back and forth:)

angelofish

He tried to hump my leg on the way there.:D He's gone .I know the stuff on my LR will be happy.Whatevers left that is.:(

iechy

LOL Angelofish:D
Hey Manchester that's awesome that you played for their youth team. I wish I would have started playing younger but it wasn't even heard of really when I was real young. BTW Liverpool has beaten MUFC the last five times. Just a friendly reminder;)