Star Wars 3: revenge of the sith

slick

It was ok. The only thing that sucked is that you pretty much know whats gonna happen. However it was neat to see how vader came to be.

darth tang

I saw it. It would have been better as a silent movie as I have never seen dialogue so badly done. It sounded like the actors were just going through the motions to get the movie done. Story and plot very good, dialogue and writting, very bad. Special effects A-. I hate when Lucas digitalizes flips normal people can do, there is no point in thatr and makes the flip look dumb.

A

andretti

Yeah, it was cool seeing how Vader came to life, but nothing will ever top The Empire Strikes Back."
I saw that 14 times at the movies when I was a kid. Episode I...boring! :mad: Episode II...not quite as boring!
Return of the Jedi...o.k :rolleyes: And the original Star Wars.....great

schubert

Yeah...pretty poor scripting...but that was made up for by John Williams' work in the movie. I was inspired by the darkness of Episode III, I must admit. I don't know where I would rank this one yet...but if I had to rank the other 5 movies, it would probably be 5-2-3-4-1. Episode 1 was ridiculously horrible...it's almost not even good enough to be a part of Star Wars at all. Sometimes I just get the feeling that Lucas is merely experimenting with animation, making random aliens and creatures just for the heck of it without providing any deeper background to the world of Star Wars itself. In Lord of the Rings, all facets of Middle Earth have a background, history, and place, whereas in Star Wars there are just these random creatures and planets just for the sake of a true sci-fi feel. Know what I mean?

dory36

We've seen it twice and will probably see it for a third time this weekend. We absolutely loved it. Hey, Schubert, do you by chance drive a car with your name on the license plate? If so, you had a conversation with my boys about Star Wars in Blockbuster earlier this week. :joy:

xan

actually schubert, I'm a star wars fanatic and almost every one of those aliens and characters has an extensive background information and what planet they are from, etc... Very detailed stuff if you are a High School nerd like me :p

schubert

Dory-
HAHA! That was actually my older brother. Yeah, his plate says "SCHUB" on it. Speaking of cars, my car was just totaled in a wreck on Memorial Day. While turning left on a green light onto Greenville from East Main, the man in front of me inches out too far while waiting to turn and almost collided with an oncoming car. Both of the cars screeched to a halt in the middle of the intersection, honking at each other, meanwhile leaving me stopped behind them. Just as they both scurry off a car hits me. Of course the police faulted me, but there was nothing I could really do about it you know? One of those fluke deals I suppose. Everyone's fine though....yeah....good times. That's a horrible intersection.

dory36

That's too funny about running into your brother! My boys were laughing at his sunglasses and he thought they were laughing at his shirt! Then they had this long conversation about Star Wars while I was checking out. What a small world! And gosh, I'm sorry to hear about your accident. :eek: That IS a terrible intersection! The one in front of Mimi's Cafe and Target is bad, too! I've about gotten it there a couple of times myself.