Star Wars Books

zephyrlily

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone recommends any Star Wars books. I was at the used book store and found so many of them I didn't know where to start. I don't have the time to go through all the books, just which ever ones are worth reading. I picked up Timothy Zahn's Specter of the Past since I liked reading his post Star Wars trilogy, I've also read Shadows of the Empire. I found a whole series of New Jedi Order books under Lucas Books. I bought Force Heretic I & II and when I got home and looked them up at Amazon it turns out they're actually books 15 & 16 in the series. :rolleyes:
Not sure if these can be read out of order. Any recommendations?

jim27

I've just recently got into reading the Star Wars books as well. So far I've read Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, Shadows of the Empire, and I just got Heir to the Empire. I loved both SotE and SH. Since you haven't read it yet, I recommend Shadow Hunter. I've also heard Shatterpoint was really good. This site is awesome for book reviews, or Star Wars news in general.
Also, you said you read the Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy, how did you like it?

orion7

I have hard bound books from the first three movies, episodes 4, 5 and 6. There are the book club edition with dust covers.

zephyrlily

Jim,
I'll look into reading SH. It's been some years since I've read the Thrawn trilogy but I remember getting hooked, anticipating the next book. I enjoyed it just as much as SotE, I think you will too.
Thanks for the website! That's a great reference for when the books take place. :)

harlequin

I have read most of the post-original-trilogy books. By far the very best star wars books were a series written by Timothy Zahn, the "Heir to the Empire" trilogy. This was a straight up awesome series and is better written than anything else for Star Wars, except maybe "Vector Prime" by Salvatore. This is the lead off book into the New Jedi Order series which has been going on for about 5 years or so and finally just ended. Unfortunately he only wrote the first book. Pick up the Heir to the Empire series for sure and if you want just skip the rest up until Vector Prime and start that series and its a long series. On a side note, there was a pre-original series book with Anakin and Obiwan which ties in with the New Jedi Order books but it was not a well written book, something I have noticed alot about the prequal books. It isnt essential to read it though but it does give some background, I think its called "Hidden Planet" or something like that.

zephyrlily

Well, I've been getting my SW fix thanks to the library...
Cloak of Deception, Shadow Hunter, both are pretty good leading up to Ep. 1.
Rogue Planet and Approaching Storm were'nt that exciting.
Shatterpoint was dark but good.
I'm on a wait list for Cestus Deception. :sleepy: