starfish/trigger

dockery07

I have a HumaHuma trigger that I am going to be moving into my 180 tank. Not for about 6 months or so. Can I keep a red general with him. I have not decided what else is going to be in this tank yet.

grouperhead

I seriously doubt it. The trigger would more likely than not pick, pick, pick at the starfish until it died. Bo

dockery07

I dont have anything but rocks in there with him now. He is in a 55gallon. Just trying to decide what to do with this 180

trigga fish

You could get away with a Choc Chip Star. I've had one and I've seen several other people with them.
The trick I found it to keep your trigger full. I full trigger is a happy trigger.
My Choc Chip was in with a clown trigger (6" or so) & Emperor angel (10" or so). If you don't keep their belly full, they'll nip at anything. I also kept about a two dozen big hermit crabs in the tank as well. The only problem with the crabs was the clown would eat their long antenna...so all crabs had really short ones :) They were in the tank for over 2 years together. Had to break down the tank to move :(

dockery07

THat sounds like a pretty good idea. I need to figure out what else I want to keep with this little guy. He always has a full belly and he likes to chomp on some rocks. I guess they help with the teeth.

trigga fish

It's a 300 gal. 8'x2'x3' which gave the fish plenty of swimmin' room.
I haven't taken any pics since I set it up again earlier this year. I'll see if I can dig something up.