Starfish

O.K., no to the fromia. Maybe some more info on the chocolate chip? When you say"predatory", what exactly do you mean? Will they eat any of my fish, or anemones?Ophiura, if your online, could you clear things up for me? You said they are predatory, but you also said they don't harm the fish. If they are predatory and don't harm the fish, what do they harm?
P.S. Here is my list: 2 percula clownfish
5 yellowtail Blue damsels
1 bubble tip anemone
1 cleaner shrimp
maybe live sand
fake corals
Will the star harm/make peace with those fish and inverts?

larryndana

I don't believe that they would catch a fish, but they will eat corals. Not sure about an anemone, ophiura can answer that question.
A brittle or serpent will go well there. You will see them less, but still enjoyable....feeding them and the occasional night time spoting roaming around.

I might get a brittle, then. I'll still see what ophiura says about it. If only the chocolate chip can get along with the bubble-tip, it will be fine!

I might get a brittle, then. I still want to see what ophiura says about it. If only the chocolate chip could get along with the bubble-tip, I would be fine!
:scared: Any other input would be helpful too.

ophiura

The chocolate chip is a direct threat to your anemone, snails, etc, etc.
It is far less likely, IMO, to be a threat to your fish. I believe many reports of this are more a case of the fish dying and being eaten.

B

blenne

I want to trade it now. Short from attacking the fish, (impossible?) it will eat anything and everything. (dead fish, feather worms)
I admit, I am new to the tank and you have to learn the hard way, no one explained to me (in so many words) that the more patient you are, and if your tank is stable , the cooler "things" you can get and they will all get along.
My anenome is not happy with the CC starfish. And I wish, oh how I wish, I would have not gotten the blk/wh 3 stripe damsels. They are doing the best in my tank, but they are aggressive and annoying IMO. Anyone have a sure fire way to catch in a 55 gallon?

ophiura

Originally Posted by larryndana
Ophiura, will they only eat inverts, or corals aswell.

It will eat corals (which are inverts
)

aztec reef

they will eat anything that they get their hands on. fish are too fast maybe that's why they almost never eat them unless they can catch them sleeping....

larryndana

Originally Posted by ophiura
It will eat corals (which are inverts
)
I thought they would, something made me wonder.
Yes, i recently read that corals are inverts....never really knew that or realized it.

cjason3041

Originally Posted by ophiura
It is unlikely, all in all, that it would eat the fish.
Brittlestars and serpenstars (which are the same thing), may very well hide most of the time. I wouldn't count on seeing them a lot.

uh ... just wait....
ophiura i asked you some ??? when i bought mine 3 years ago...wow he is 18 inches across and when i put mysis in the tank...well watch your fingers :hilarious man they are fast!!!... i do so love my brittle