starfish

charvel

I have a 44 gal tank and I would love to have a star fish Can anyone recommend one thats hardy,sticks on the glass and will do well with feather dusters, mushrooms etc.thanks alot.

demosthenes

Well, I've never had any experience with them, but have heard great things about the Blue Linkia's. Keep asking around, and I'm sure you'll get a lot of help.
PS Welcome to the board. You'll have fun.

perchpsk

from my experiences with linkias they are harder to keep than chocolate chip stars. the ch cips are more active also

demosthenes

Ah, they had slipped my mind. IMO, the Chocolate Chip Stars are great. They each have their own personality, and have great compatibility, and very hardy.

carrie1429

I agree that choc. chip stars are great but they are not very compatible in a reef. They will ocaasionally eat feather dusters and eat soft corals. But IMO they are the hardiest star.

carrie1429

My cc stars don't bother my LR at all. I even have a ton of red mushrooms that they don't even touch. I think the main concern of cc stars is that they will eat other stars and corals, but thats pretty much it.

new

i have a bahama star who is great, they are not reef friendly but he dosen't bother my button polyps or feather dusters or any coraline on my LR. very active and visible and will eat any algea on the glass or rock, but only the stuff i dont want.

new

dont know if he would bother mushrooms, i dont have any. i know mine dosent bother the button polyps or featherduster, but if i had either first i wouldnt chance the other.

B

bcarp

I was out at my local LFS store. I was looking for a star fish. They said this Red General Star Fish I was looking at ate there (I think it is a wrasse tusk fish). It was about 5 inches too. Is this normal for Red Generals to do that? Im glad they told me before I bought it!!!! It was no small fish it ate!!!