Started Vodka Dosing today

24saltydog

Attachment 231831
Here is a picture of my Aquaripure Large Nitrate Removal System. I attached the feeding tube or syringe so you can see where I inject vodka. There is a flow adjustment valve which I have located on the inlet side of my wet/dry. I have removed all my bio-balls as recommended and have filled the lower portion of the sump with a filter pad to catch any extra debre. The 15ml of Vodka is what is recommended as a feeding for this size tank along with the every 4 day feeding cycle. I have to adjust the flow every two days by opening the valve completely and re-adjusting to the 6 drops per second or ounce per 18 sec. I checked my nitrates again today (Day 17) and my nitrates are at 0. I have also encluded a picture of my Blond just for fun. Enjoy!

florida joe

Ok first let me say I love your fish. now if I understand this right you have two little black tubes on the right of the pic one is an influent and one is an effluent to your DT

24saltydog

The filter has an inlet (left side of filter) and outlet (right side) along with the injection tube on the head. A small pump sits inside the return side of my wet/dry and pumps water to the inlet (left side) and throught the filter. The filtered water is then returned to the inlet side (flow adjustment valve) of the wet/dry then back into the tank. This is the only biological filter system used on my tank at this point unless you consider the live rock.