Starter for lighting hood?

drewster

I have a 48" hood with 2 NO bulbs. One of the bulbs doesn't seem to want to turn on completely. It just blinks and blinks and tries to fire. I think I have a bad starter. I think thats what they are called. It's the little cylinder that twists into the center of the hood. Where can I buy another starter? I've checked a few online places and they don't seem to sell them.

mr . salty

The lighting fixture should have two of these,Try swapping them around and see if the bulb lights then.Your local hardware store will have them. It does sound like the starter too me.Just take the bad one in,and match it up. You may want to replace them both as the other one is probably about to go bad also. They are pretty cheap.

drewster

Actually I did try replacing the starter with the other one and it still had problems firing. I then tried some other bulbs and it still wouldn't fire completely. Almost though. Any ideas what the problem could be? I'm just gonna go replace both of the starters. So i could go to Sears Hardware or Home Depot and get these starters?
[This message has been edited by Drewster (edited 12-17-2000).]