Starter reptile for my son

katiev

I vote for the bearded dragon. Very docile, but not boring...Mine used to sit on my shoulder and watch movies with me.
...On a towel, of course. (Otherwise, wear a shirt you really don't care about...)

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by Seattle
I know Poison Dart Frogs *Captive Bred* They stay small,unpoisonus,no poo to clean,easy eaters,easily held,not TOO expensive,hardy,COLORFUL!,Can keep alot in a cage only about the size of a 10 gallon aquarium!So many different species to choose from,The washing hands thing isn't a concern with them,and best of all the neighborhood and your mom would LOVE the little colorful cuties

They get up to only up to 3 inches MAX
Average Price:25$

i have to disagree, i kept poison darts and mantellas for two years and theyre not easy requiring humid enviroments, theyre expsensive and fragile. plus they cant swim so that makes it even harder to keep it humid

30-xtra high

only thing i don't like about crested is price.. might just be my pet store.. but they sell from 60-75$ apiece and are only like 2 inches..
and people.. don't post something that would be cool to have (such as a poison dart frog...), post something that a beginner could easily keep, and enjoy.. as said, poison darts need lots and lots of humidity, and if handled to much will probably get poinsoned through their skin..
i's still go with the leopard.. but thats just me.. i'm sure whatever you chose he'll love, just make sure he holds it and keeps it nice.

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by 30-xtra high
only thing i don't like about crested is price.. might just be my pet store.. but they sell from 60-75$ apiece and are only like 2 inches..
lmao, when i had my first crested (about 2002, the "crested dawn"[aka about the time crested first came into the hobby]) it was $130, not even a morph, 3 inches bing, thats it

wattsupdoc

and people.. don't post something that would be cool to have (such as a poison dart frog...), post something that a beginner could easily keep, and enjoy..
thanks 30. I'm pretty sure were gonna do the crested. It'll just be a little while now. SW habit gets in the way
. Like I said "not to creepy" snakes and poison dart frogs would NOT work. But that crested sure is cute! My iguana used to ride on my head, I put a leash on him and took him for walks that way. He loved the sand volleyball courts.
Bout 20 years ago though.