Starting A Copepod Tank

raseri

I want to breed Copepods because we just got some Mandrans and we want to feed them copepods just in case the food we got from our LFS doesn't work. We have a ten gallon tank that I want to breed them in and I just want to know what else we need besides the saltwater and the food for the Copepods. Some places say you can do it in just a jar and some places say tanks with HOB filters and air pumps. I just want the simplest way but useing the 10 gallon tank and not the jar. Any suggestions?

raseri

Yeah, they need that too.. Don't they. If we can get them onto the frozen foods we need the mysis, right?

hunt

well to get them on frozen you start out feeding enriched live brine shrimp, then after it starts excepting that as food(because the first few would be out of curiosity),you start adding some frozen enriched brine to the live, when it starts accepting frozen brine as food, you can then start adding frozen mysis to the mix, then once there eating mysis, you dont have to worry so much about pods.
If anyone has any other info about weaning them on to mysis, please share because thats all i know

carlos413

I have a four and a half gallon hob refugeum with some live rock rubble live sand and some micro algae. I seed it with reef pods from SWF.com the thing is loaded with pods and live mysis shrimp. I think the shrimp came from the live rock rubble I had.