Starting my 125g-Could use fish suggestions. (caution-pic heavy)

lsboogie

So I decided to turn my fresh tank into a SW tank. I wanted to start this to give me an easy access timeline. Comments, yeah buts, what ifs are welcome.
Freshwater (apx 3 weeks ago)

Tear down

Decided to paint the wall while the tank was moved out

Decided to paint the back of the tank, then touch up the stand (was too lazy to remove piping from the bottom of the overflows so I carried the tank and stand outside together)

lsboogie

Decided to put up a shelf to hang the new light from

First shipment of t5s I ordered came with some assembly required.

Almost there

And finally with some rocks

Took some "donor" pieces from my 75g as I was removing a big rock with xenia on it (stuff is worse than weeds). They seem to like the new environment. I did use some sand/rock/water from my other tanks but most of the rock (apx 150lbs) is base rock. Only 60ish lbs was/is "live"

Live rock came with some "extras"

lsboogie

Couple of pics of my 75g (this was after apx 6 moths of neglect as I was going through a divorce-still working on cleaning everything up but all in all it did pretty good)

lsboogie

So, now on to the question portion of our show. I am planning on doing softies and lps but mainly fish in the 125. Really leaning towards:
1. Australian Harlequinn Tusk
2. ?
3. ?
Guess I haven't made it that far in the decision process yet...
I did the rock layout the way I did to try and maximize swimming room while still having multiple levels for different corals. That and the fact that I chose the 4 bulb ati unit (it sits back off center by 1.5") so the front is really just swim room.
What do you think? What would be cool adds to the Tusk that would be happy in the environment provided?
Thanks for taking the time to look at all the pictures.

nikesb

WRASSES!!!! if you dont mind keeping a top over them (net)
fairies - pylei wrasse are my favorite. if theyre too expensive look for pink margin fairy wrasses. theyre decently priced and the ones from vanuatu are more colorful. flames, lineatus, rhomboids are other suggestions.
flashers - filamented and blue flashers are some of the ones i like
if not, how about midas blenny, picasso or plat percs

lsboogie

You can kind of see the tops in the pic with the rocks. I just made them but haven't notched them out yet for the circulation pump cords so the two on the ends don't sit flat. I use screen frame from homedepot and order 1/4" clear plastic mesh for the screens. I use them on all three tanks to keep the jumpers in. I imagine its like a reverse trampoline when they try to commit carpetside.
Wrasses are something I don't have yet and are definately cool looking. Do you have to worry about species matching/fighting with them? and...holy asldkfja;lsdkfj 200.00 for a 3" fish...wow!

nikesb

fairies and flashers are really docile compared to other wrasses. in my nano, the pair of flames get along with a cryptic six line wrasse and everyone behaves well. my buddy has 2 mccoskers with 2 flames and everythings fine too. theres other members that have like 5 different type of fairies in their tanks too

lsboogie

Diatoms on sand, rock and glass...I know what it is, I know what it means but FLOG, its been 15 minutes and it won't go away!....sigh...I know, I know..patience, patience..but dang, I'm a single child and I want it gone NOW!
=)