Starting new 180g Reef tank

I just purchased a 180g tank, stand and canopy. The canopy has 960w of VHO lighting in it and 2 icecap cooling fans. I have a 30g salt tank that I bought when I was younger and broke!!!
I now have more $$$ and can afford to do bigger and better things!!! I plan on using the wet/dry setup I currently have along with a new Pro Clear 150 wet/dry w/ skimmer. I have a 650gph pump for the small wet/dry and I plan on buying a approx 800gph pump for the new wet/dry. Am I going the right route for filtering??? I want to make this into a nice reef set-up so I plan on getting another stand alone skimmer, a UV light, and I'm thinking about a calcium reactor set-up. I'm still somewhat new to this and any help is greatly appreciated...

shawnhardy

I am not sure anyone would recommend a wet/dry for a reef tank. You will not be able to keep your nitrates low enough without doing water changes way more often than anyone could keep up on. Others may disagree but that is just my opinion.
Also, depending on what kind of corals/inverts you are planning, your lighting may not be sufficient.
Good luck with the tank. It sounds like a great project and you will have a ton of fun with it!

zanoshanox

the bioballs will hold lots of nitrates....and i woudl sell your lighting setup and get some metal halides