starting one

hey i was gona start a agresive setup how does it differ from that of a regular fow lr? i have a 90 galloon ......i want 1 clown, how many trigs can i have and wat other kinds of fish could survive in it?

firefish3

Since you have a clownfish (what type of clownfish?) I wouldn't start an aggresive setup because triggers, anglers, and lionfish generally dont get along. Though I would still ask someone who has a clownfish in an aggresive setup. my opinion is solely off research. The one thing you could deninitly put in with a clownfish is a ray, they usually get along. Again ask some one who has a ray. I hope this was helpful

firefish3

lionfish, triggers and puffers are generally compatible with eachother. Though ask lionfish28 I heard he had puffer versus lionfish trouble. you could start a new tank. In the wild baby puffers will bother adult lionfish but the make a nice mix for the looks, also in a community tank never put a clownn trigger

gasguzzler

Juvenille and adult puffers will nip at the lions fins more often than not. My brother tried with unhappy results. He also kept a Picasso trigger and Niger with them with no problems. Good luck.

wat about like the midget ones they sell can u keep them? cus i really want a clown trigger but i ant other fish as well.......any sugestions, are their any other triggers u cant mix.

firefish3

cant mix an ungulated trigger. you could put a clown trigger in the smallest tank possible by itself with a little live rock

squidd

Hold on a sec...
1. There are no "midget" or dwarf clown triggers...those are juveniles and they WILL grow...
2. They grow LARGE and you don't want to put them in "the smallest tank possiable"...
:nope:
The biggest difference you will find in an aggressive tank vs aregular FO or FOWLR is the ammount and way your filtration is set up..
Most of the aggressive fish are 1.LARGE and 2. Messy/Meat eaters...which leads to point 3. Large loads of messy poop...

firefish3

I meant the smallest tank possible to put a clown trigger in like its minimum tank size. i dont mean a nano tank I mean like 100+ gallons