starting out

K

ky reefer

hey im new around here. im looking to start a fish tank. in a 30 gallon what would be the best coral and fish.
thnx:help:

E

essop3

All a matter of taste. Just try to keep to smaller, non agressive fish. Here is a short list of suggestions.
pair of clowns, I like tank breed false percs.
bangaii cardinal
firefish goby
clown goby
blackcap basslet
watchman goby
fairy wrasse
by no means a complete list but it'll give you a few fish to look at.

claire_r

Welcome, KY! What part of the state are you in? I'm in Jeffersonville, IN - just across the river from Louisville.
I also recently started my 29g (about 4 weeks now). Right now I have about 29 lbs. LR, 2" sand (live and aragonite), and a clean-up crew in the tank. My crew includes a cleaner shrimp, 2 peppermint shrimp, 6 hermits, 5 snails and an emerald crab. I also just got a feather duster yesterday. (Hope it makes it, my pep. shrimp won't leave it alone!)
I'm planning on starting with 2 false percs (clownfish) and adding other peaceful fish. Possibly a watchman goby, royal gramma, neon goby. I'm still deciding about these. I'm also curious about the blackcap basslet and the firefish goby. In a 29 I can't have many so I'm trying to narrow down my wishlist.
Do you have any equipment yet? The folks on here are incredibly helpful. If you're still just planning, they can save you a bunch of money and headaches!
Good luck with your tank!
Claire

K

ky reefer

hey
thank you for that info it helps a lot. i dont have anything right now but i hope to get it this summer so im trying to get as much in fo as possible.

E

essop3

give your pepermints a piece of raw shrimp and they might leave your feather duster alone for awhile. I have to do it everyonce in awhile