Starting over and restocking

bluemarlin

A few months ago I lost nearly everything in my tank when the power went out for over 17 hours. All I have left in my 180 tank are snails, crabs, shrimp, 5 cardinals and 1 chromis. I now have backup generator power with a line running exclusively to the aquarium. :D So now its time to start over.
I have a couple of mushrooms in the tank otherwise its fish only. I would like an angelfish, a tang and I am open to any other suggestions as to what I should stock.
What kind of angelfish should I get?
What kind of tang?
What else do you recommend or like?
Thanks for any input.
180 gallon tank. 250# of LR and 100# of LS

flamehawk

Sorry about your initial loss. Great to see it didn't discourage you too much. Back up generator is good idea. I don't have one but have a back up plan (ie: Kerosene heater in fish room ) just in case.
Boy I would have lots of fun stocking a 180 from scratch. I would personally sell the bangaii or pajama cardinals and chromis back to LFS. Another question : how long has it been up and running again after the big losses? If up for months then you are pronbably readu for this suggested stcking:
No particular order except the angel(s) should go in before the tangs(IMO): Emperor OR blue face angel, flame angel, flame hawk, yellow tang, G/S maroon clown, and sohal tang.
Well what do you think?

bluemarlin

I've had tanks for almost 30 years. I can't stop now. the new house caught me off guard and I wasn't ready for the power outage. :( My fault.
The tank has been running for about 3-4 months since the loss. I really like the cardinals. I don't think I want to get rid of them.
It is cool in a way to be starting over. It sucked to lose what I did but it happened and I have taken precautions to prevent it from happening again.
I like your thoughts. You see a big tank with a few big fish in it. I like that idea. I also like the idea of many smaller fish. Decisions, decisions. I love this hobby!

yeah sorry to hear about what happend if i had to start over and i had that big of a tank i would do the same thing have a couple big and more small....if i were you i would go witht the bi-color angles there really nice looking active fish and if i had a tank that big i would get a achilles tang or a blue hippo those are my two favorites..hope this helps out..;) Oh yeah by the way if i were you i would get a watchman goby and i think its a pistol shrimp and they will take to each other..the goby will watch out for the shrimp while building a home for the both of them...im getting a paired set from my lfs this week that have been doing that in the tank for the past week.
heres a pic of the achilles tang
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...UTF-8%26sa%3DN