starting over my 150 ideas

trgirl

My 150 used to be home to a group of triggers which I found to be so messy and time consuming in terms of keeping up with the cleanup. When I moved the tank, I gave away my undulated, my bursa, niger and all else and decided to begin over with a deep sand bed and go with peaceful community fish. So far I have the two zebra damsels(my start up fish) an engineer goby and I just added a yellow tang and a foxface yesterday. Any good suggestions to some others that would look nice in there? I want some movement and color this time around. The triggers were exciting at feeding time, but otherwise kind of boring.

nicetry

Is there live rock in the tank? If so you could look at some of the angels and butterflies (make sure the tank is well established first though). A harem of fairy wrasses would be awesome. Go with some small fish to give it interest and movement. Can't beat a pair of clowns. Midas blenny is a bright, interesting fish. One of the colorful sand sifting gobies would be neat.
How long has the tank actually been set up? Don't rush the stocking on a new system. What kind of filtration do you have?

triggerfre

Why don't you try a pair of bluethroat triggers or even a crosshatch trigger. Not as messy as other trigger and are reef safe.

P

pokey

I was also going to suggest angelfish- some of the dwarfs are really colorful. Anthias are colorful fish as well as the royal gramma.
Are you looking for smaller or larger fish?

lesleybird

Hi, I would get a Bluefaced angelfish if I had a 150 gallon tank because they are beautiful and most of the ones in the fish store that I have seen seem to be interested in interacting with the person looking into the tank.....they come up to the glass and look at you like you are their friend.
I have a ninety gallon with a Majestic angelfish, a pair of clowns, a sixline wrasse, a royal gramma, a bicolor blenny, and a lyretail antheis. Lesley

triga22

Originally Posted by grubsnaek
but arent angels not reef safe
Some can be in a reef. Just need to use caution. I thnk that no fish is reef safe always use caution. Its more of the fish's personality if itll nip.

I <3 the look of blue hippo tangs which it sounds like your tank is big enough for. Royal grammas are also beautiful. and you can never go wrong with a pair of clowns like someone else said.

trgirl

This tank has actually been set up for about four months. There is planty of live rock and the system is very healthy. I accumulated quite a bit of algae over the time which I've only had my starter fish in there , thus, adding the tang and foxface first to help out in that department. Thanks for the ideas! I'll let you know how things go. I'll probably add a fish or two this week depending what's available at my local store. They had alot of nice stock available over Easter so I hope to get there soon.

tangx3

i used to have triggers in my 125g fowlr. i changed to colorful and active fish for the same reason :) now i have hippo, purple, yellow tang. blueface angel juv. 2 clowns. firefish