starting the syphon

pat

ok got everything set up and watertight but im wondering how to start the syphon on an amiracle overflow......see i got it used and there is no book, or sheet of paper that tells me ho to do it.....feeling pretty dumb right now :confused:

mr . salty

Pour a cup full of tank water into the outer box so the syphon tube is under water at both ends.Then insert a section of 1/4" airline tubing into the syphon tube till it is at the top of the turn.Then just quickly suck(with your mouth) the air out of the tube.Pull out the airline while plugging the end with your tounge,then start the pump.That should do it.If you have any Q's,,,,email me...GOOD LUCK.

c-lover

I think you have to fill the over-flow box with water and then just plug it in... that is how my overflow on my hospital starts. It will slowly draw water up through the inlet pipe once you put the water in. Good Luck !! :pUnless there is some machanicle way of removing the air from the tube,This will not work!!!!!SALTY
[ July 30, 2001: Message edited by: MR . SALTY ]

mark24

Well at least you guys didnt have to start a cleaning syphon on a turtle tank that was algea overgrown and and just nasty tank with your mouth. disgusting!
-Mark

T

the new guy

The way I did mine was, I filled the u tube covering both ends with my hands and then flipped it upside down very quickly making sure both ends were under the water on the prefilter and the overflow...
I didnt have much luck with the air tube.