Starting Up again....

Hello All... I had a 65 g tank for several years before I had to move and ended up selling everything. Well its been 2 years and I am starting back up. I decided to go with a 75g tank. I have a lot of reading to do as I fell I have lost some knowledge plus wonder what's new out there... Hope to be posting many pics and asking lots of questions along the way... I am in no hurry and hope to do everything right the first time... Made a lot of mistakes with my last tank..

[/URL][/IMG]

lmforbis

I was out of the hobby for several years. I was amazed by the changes in equipment and techniques when I got back. I too am trying to do it better this time. I started a several months ago with a 55 but upgraded to a 125 a couple weeks ago. I'm not so good with the going slow part.

Nice. I think I will be happy with the 75g. Yeah I am sure there are a few changes. I had to register again. I had an account years ago but for some reason it made me register again. Right now I am looking around for a return pump. I think I will go with a Eheim. Also getting my rock ready. I hope to start cycling the tank in a few days... Then the waiting game.

pegasus

Welcome back, Eloy. Saltwater gets in your blood, and it's nearly impossible to get it out... lol! If it's only been a couple of years, things haven't changed too much. Perhaps some upgrades on newer lines of products, but basically the same for the most part. Since you've been in the hobby before, a lot of this stuff will be easier for you to comprehend, and experience from the mistakes you made before will come in handy, too. Nice and slow, and you'll be fine.

I've read some pretty good reviews about Eheim pumps, but have never owned one as I'm a die-hard Danner Classic Supreme fan (I have six)(not Pondmaster). Most have been running constantly for a couple of years, and not a single failure. Rave reviews led me to DCS pumps. No regrets...