stepped on an anemone

highcottn1

ok it is spring break and i was snorkling in playa del carmen mexico. when i spotted an anemone. i went down to get a closer look and on tenticles hit my leg and stung me. it wasnt serius it just felt very weird like a painful tickling numbing sensation. is there anything that i should look out for??
still it was great!! ill post pics when i get home.
zack

ninjamini

Swelling, redness, irritation. But I'd guess that if you did not have a reaction within 24 hours your prob. wont. Call your doc if you have any issues.
Heck he was just giving you a little kiss...or was it a taste.

shogun323

You know you are addicted to SWF.com when you post on the boards during your spring break in Mexico!!!!

X

xnikki118x

Originally Posted by shogun323
You know you are addicted to SWF.com when you post on the boards during your spring break in Mexico!!!!

That's what I was going to say! :)

highcottn1

well yea that is true.
im on the resorts computers. im going snorkling today again (sp) il try to take a picture of the anemone that stung me. i dont know if a clown fish lived there to. i want to find out. ill post again when i get home.
zack

saltn00b

if ever stung by something in the wild like an anenome or jellyfish or Bees even and you arent close to medical attention have yourself or a very good friend pee on the wound. yes, pee, the ammonnia will counteract the toxins almost instantly.

earlybird

Originally Posted by saltn00b
if ever stung by something in the wild like an anenome or jellyfish or Bees even and you arent close to medical attention have yourself or a very good friend pee on the wound. yes, pee, the ammonnia will counteract the toxins almost instantly.
This does not work well with sting rays FYI. I tried it and it may have made it worse or the toxins just got worse. That day sucked.

saltn00b

i think sting rays fall under the venom category, like snakes (where it would not work), where it enters the blood stream... i am no toxicologist tho.

cdangel0

Originally Posted by highcottn1
is there anything that i should look out for??

Yes..... Anemones in Mexico.

I was going to say impotence but you're in mexico on spring break so I don't think that will be an issue

larryndana

lol

integral9

Originally Posted by highcottn1
is there anything that i should look out for??
Yes. No matter how much you may want to, DO NOT GO TO THE DONKEY SHOW.
:scared:

larryndana

Originally Posted by Integral9

shogun323

Since you are in Mexico I would definately treat your Anemone sting by loading up on Margaritas!!!! Tequila can cure everything including pain, boredom, definately insomnia as well as ugliness.

tahoetanks

Benadryl and motrin. It won't make it go away but, motrin is an anti-inflammatory and helps with discomfort. Benadryl is and antihistamine and will help with any itching or swelling and some of the discomfort.
Margaritas do sound a lot better though!

babyb

Originally Posted by Integral9

that is so stinkin funny, i tease my boyfriend all the time asking how his moms donkey was doing
but he gets me back cuz i have miniture donkies and he asks how my migits (sp?) are doing
all in good fun
i just got back from mexico on a mision trip and kept my eyes wide open for a sign for a donkey show to bring back to my boyfriend but i didnt see any, im sure they were there buti couldnt read it

monalisa

I just got back from a SCUBA diving trip to Mexico this past weekend...I want to go back. I met the most amazing wildlife...in the water and out...I miss Mexico, and I miss my new friends.
Lisa :happyfish

larryndana

Since you are in Mexico I would definately treat your Anemone sting by loading up on Margaritas!!!! Tequila can cure everything including pain, boredom, definately insomnia as well as ugliness.
Sounds like fun.