Still cant find a leopard shark out there.

novice150

OceanClear: I just called my LFS, and they have two. They wont ship out of state, but I might be willing to box it up and fed ex it to you. I know how frustrating it can be trying to find these guys.
Email me if you are interested.
nacnacmxr2@aol.com

novice150

Solandri: Banded shark eggs should be relatively easy to find. Several online retailers have them, and your lfs should be able to get one easily. Leopards on the other hand, are born live, so you wont have much luck finding an egg:) I believe there is some sort of ban on the collection of leopards in some area's. From what I have heard though, that ban is just for this season.

dave857

Actually here in California, where most of the leopard's are caught there has been a ban for several years now. Illegal to sell a leopard under three feet. I still see the babies sold frequently however. I think it is extra difficult right now simply because they are out of season. The season runs from Mid April to Mid July. I would be interested in knowing if anyone can find any small leopards (under a foot) this time of year...?
Dave

dave857

Wow there prices are outrageous. I guess if they are the only ones with a stock, you have no choice. I have an E-mail if you are interested of local fisherman out here in Cali. He sells leopards for $50. I am not sure if he ships, but i am pretty sure he has a few left, probbaly 14"+.
Say, if anyone has Pics of Leopard shark set up, I would love to see them... Splash's Looks really good. It has alot of space for the sharks to swim and turn, but he also has LR set up nicely.
dave
dave857@aol.com

hairtrigger

Call Marine Aquariums on Johnson Ferry Road, in Sandy Springs, GA. They have a HUGE tank full of Leopards. If the price is right, they will ship. Cool guys, son and father team. :cool:

splash1914

thanks guys! I had a standard 180 a few years ago (6x2x2) and wanted a bigger tank but still wanted keep the gallons under 200 (cheaper when doing water changes adding checicals, live rock, etc) I did some calculations and came up with my present tank. 8Lx2Wx18"H.