Still tryin'...

nm reef

...to improve my photos. These are recent attempts. First is a detailed look at my 7"-8" derasa...best pic I've managed of it to date. Coloration is almost a duplicate of what my eye sees.

nm reef

The second one is an attempt at creating depth within my shots....didn't turn out too bad at all...in my opinion.

flipper263

NM Reef...I for one ..am never dissapointed in your pics. I hope someday to be able to come close to the quality of pic and of your tank.

Brenda

nm reef

I sincerely appreciate the kind words....but just like keeping a reef...the owner is never satisified...completely. The two hobbys of reefkeeping and photography have combined into one for me and I am always tryin' to improve each. I am confident that if I continue to reseach photography...and follow the advice of pros...in time my pic quality will improve above and beyond anything I've done so far. Heck the wife has even mentioned maybe replacing the canon G5 with a true digital SLR....someday....:yes: :thinking: :yes:

blemmy_guy

Ooh I want one too!!! Soo bad, just cant see me spending that kinda money ..... Yet :rolleyes: Any way they look awesome. I cant wait to get some Metal halides so i can eventually get a clam!!! :cheer: Keep those pics a comin! Todd

nm reef

Originally posted by iamryanman
me2. nice pic nmreef how did u get the appearance of depth to come out in that picture:notsure:

As I recall we were trying to capture a pic of a pistol shrimp that lives in the cave back center of the picture. Several shots were attempted with little to no success(other than a tentacle here and there) from a higher elevation...from above the clam looking down and into the cave. Those shots were attempted with flash and various f-stops. I tried to get a peek into the cave from a lower elevation and had adjusted the tripod to look into the cave from much lower when the crab was sighted climbing up the shell....if I remember the settings were f-4...no flash(which has a tendacy to wash out colors)...center weighted auto focusing....and I was tring to use manual focus to frame the cave in the background....at the last sec I switched the focus to the scarlet and the pic posted was the lucky result. We did manage numerous other decent shots while trying to get a look at the pistol shrimp.....below is another that was captured using the intervalometer taking shots at 2 minute intervols.....auto focus and I believe f-5.6...sadly we never did capture a pic of the pistol...but I'm still looking for a opportunity to capture the shy critter.